C N R Rao Endowment Lectures
Prof. C. N. R. Rao Endowment Lecture was instituted in 2012 (council meeting minures 14/12/2012) from an endowment of Rs.15 lakhs received from Prof. C. N. R. Rao. The lecture is to be delivered by a leading Indian or Foreign scientist in alternate years. It carries a suitable honorarium and travel. The first lecture was delivered by Prof. George Whitesides of Harvard University on “Reinventing chemistry” in 2013. The most recent and the third lecture was given by Prof. K. Vijayaraghavan of NCBS/DBT in 2016.
- George M Whitesides, Reinventing Chemistry, 2013
- Yoshinori Tokura, Emergent Electron Science towards New Energy Revolution, 2013
- Dr. Stuart Parkin, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University, USA, 2014.
- K. Vijay Raghavan, Secretary, DBT, Govt. ofIndia, Distinguished Professor & Former Director of The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), 2016
- Richard N. Zare, Department of Chemistry Stanford University California, 2017
- Paul S. Weiss, UC Presidential Chair,Distinguished Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry, UCLA, 2017
- Sandip Trivedi, Director, TIFR, Mumbai, Quantum Entanglement, 2019
- Anthony K. Cheetham, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2020