The Government of India (GoI) has enacted the Protection of Women from Sexual Harassment at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act (the SH Act), 2013. For details, see: http://www.shebox.nic.in (SHe-Box – Ministry of Women & Child Development)
- Sexual harassment includes such unwelcome sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical contact and advances
- A demand or request for sexual favours
- Sexually coloured remarks
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
- Behaviour such as this constitutes an action unbecoming of a student/staff member of the Institute and will attract appropriate disciplinary action.
- The Internal Committee Against Sexual Harassment (ICASH) will provide equal opportunity for all IISc personnel, without regard to gender or age, to lodge complaints of any sexual harassment in the work place.
- Any of the following members may be contacted verbally or in writing, at any time, for lodging complaints