M J Thirumalachar & M J Narasimhan Endowment Lectures
To honour the memory of her well-known mycologist husband, MJ Thirumalachar, and their son, M J Narasimhan, M Jeerasannidhi Kasthuri endowed a lecture series in 2007. On 18th June, 2015, the endowment lecture was given by Shankar Balasubramanian – the Herchel Smith Professor of Medicinal Chemistry in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Cambridge.
- Richard J Roberts, Why I Love Bacteria, 2011
- Venkataraman Ramakrishnan, How Antibiotics illuminate Ribosome Function & vice versa, 2011
- Shankar Balasubramanian, Decoding Human Genomes on a Population Scale, FRS FMedSci,Herchel Smith Professor Of Medicinal Chemistry, Fellow of Trinity College, Department of Chemistry,University of Cambridge, UK, 2015.
- Inder Verma, Gen Therapy: It works, Professor Irwin & Joan Jacobs Chair in Exemplary Life Science, American Cancer Society. Professor of Molecular Biology, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA, USA, 2018
- Dr. Richard Henderson, The cryoEM revolution in structural biology, Nobel Laureate 2017 Chemistry, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK, 2018
- Prof. Harmit Malik, Rules of engagement: molecular arms races between host and viral genomes, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre Seatle, USA, 2019
- Prof. B N Gangadhar, Neurobiology of yoga and mental health, Director, NIMHANS, Bangalore, India 2020
- Dr. Srinivas M, Good Governance Builds Great Hospitals, Director, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2023
C N R Rao Endowment Lectures
Prof. C. N. R. Rao Endowment Lecture was instituted in 2012 (council meeting minures 14/12/2012) from an endowment of Rs.15 lakhs received from Prof. C. N. R. Rao. The lecture is to be delivered by a leading Indian or Foreign scientist in alternate years. It carries a suitable honorarium and travel. The first lecture was delivered by Prof. George Whitesides of Harvard University on “Reinventing chemistry” in 2013. The most recent and the third lecture was given by Prof. K. Vijayaraghavan of NCBS/DBT in 2016.
- George M Whitesides, Reinventing Chemistry, 2013
- Yoshinori Tokura, Emergent Electron Science towards New Energy Revolution, 2013
- Dr. Stuart Parkin, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University, USA, 2014.
- K. Vijayraghavan, Secretary, DBT, Govt. of India, Distinguished Professor & Former Director of The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), 2016
- Richard N. Zare, Department of Chemistry Stanford University California, 2017
- Paul S. Weiss, UC Presidential Chair, Distinguished Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry, UCLA, 2017
- Sandip Trivedi, Director, TIFR, Mumbai, Quantum Entanglement, 2019
- Anthony K. Cheetham, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2020
- Dr. S. Chandrasekhar, Science: Stone Age to Gen Alpha, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. 2022
- Prof. K R. Sreenivasan, New York University, USA, 2023
Prof. Roddam Narasimha Endowment Lectures
- V. Adimurthy, ISRO Honorary Distinguished Professor, VSSC, 2019(notice)
- Prof. Jaywant H Arakeri, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IISc, 2020 (notice)
- Prof. S M Deshpande, Department of Aeronautical Engineering, IISc, 2022 (notice)
- Prof K Vijayraghavan, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bangalore, 2023 (notice)