Vigilance Cell of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore plays a key role in addressing various issues relating to Government’s drive against corruption as far as it relates to IISc. This cell deals with the vigilance matters of the Institute with the following core team members: –
- Prof. Debasish Ghose, Chief Vigilance Officer
- Mrs. Aparna Kandi, Purchase & Stores, vigilance officer
Central Vigilance Commission has nominated the following retired central government servant as Independent External Monitor (IEM) of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore:
- Shri A Vijay Anand, IRS (Retd), ex-Additional Secretary, Department of Space, Govt. of India, Bangalore
The basic objective of the Vigilance Cell is to promote Integrity and Transparency in the entire functioning of the Institute. It helps in empowering the compliance towards the directions and requirement of Central Vigilance Commission, Government of India.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preventive Vigilance and Punitive Vigilance
- Ensuring Transparency in the IISc system
- All Vigilance matters related to IISc employees
- Various references and complaints received from MHRD (CVO), Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the matter of corruption and vigilance angle and financial irregularities by IISc employees
- Coordination with CVO(MHRD), CVC and CBI
- Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week and other programmes as guided by CVC from time to time
- Report preparation for CVC matters.
The routine functioning of IISc Vigilance Cell is guided by several policies, rules, guidelines, administrative work ethics and principle of natural justice. In that a host of activities are conducted and issues are addressed such as:
- Taking immediate action on complaints regarding corrupt practices, misconduct, irregularities.
- Initiation and processing of individual vigilance cases.
- Dealing with revision / review of petitions, appeals and representations in vigilance cases.
- Review of Rules/policies/guidelines in order to eliminate corruption.
- Feedback / inputs on queries raised by MHRD (CVO) or CVC are provided on various aspects such as Public Procurement/works, payment, complaints, etc.
Mrs. Aparna Kandi
Finance & Accounts (F&A)-I, vigilance officer
Admin. Building (Near IISc Main Gate)
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560 012
Phone: 91-80-2293 2019